New Faculty Advisory Council
New Faculty Advisory Council > Research resources
Setting up a lab
- Lab construction and management
- ISAAC Access and How to get physical keys (ISAAC access provides keycard access to doors)
- Lab Safety Training and Resources (see example protocol for student access and training at the bottom of the document)
- Human Subject Training (IRB)
- Animal Care and Use Training (IUCAC)
- Petty Cash Procedures
- Further Training through CareerEdge
- Registering your Lab
- Required orientations
- Research Computing
- New faculty websites
- Graduate Research with MORE
- Summer Research Internships (SURI)
- Fellowships and funding
- CPT/OPT internships for international students
General Research Funding Opportunities
ASU limited submissions page: Recurring, internal seed funds, grants, competitions. Dean’s fellowship, Women and Philanthropy and many others.
Pre- and Post- award guidance
Available to researchers through FSE or your own department to facilitate proposal submission. Fill out a proposal intake form and you will be contacted by research administration with checklists for the opportunity and assistance on drafting a budget and required documents. Check with your department on who to communicate with regarding your proposals’ pre-award and post-award guidance.
The ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, and international development.
The ASU Engineering Research Services provide resources focused on engineering.
★ Planning a proposal?
Fill out an ASU proposal intake form and a research administrator will be in touch with you to provide a checklist of items needed and a basic budget based on the information you’ve provided.
Planning a proposal submission before your start date?
It is possible to submit proposals prior to starting as long as you’ve signed an offer letter. Contact your department RA about the process.
- Engineering Education Programs Overview (K12, Undergraduate, Graduate – March 2021)
- Fulton Schools NSF CAREER 2021 Workshop slide deck (PDF)
- NSF Broader Impacts Discussion Prompts
Proposal writing resources
Workshops are typically available yearly. New faculty-specific workshops are available in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- DARPA Enhancing Design through Graceful Extensibility (EDGE) Proposers Day Webcast.
June 1, 2021, 1:00PM – 2:30PM ET.
- NSF Virtual Grants Conference.
June 6-11, 2021
- Grants, Research, and Sponsored Projects (GRASP) 2021
September 7-9, 2021
Commercialize your technology at ASU
Skysong Innovations is ASU’s exclusive intellectual property management company. Skysong serves to support ASU faculty through the patent and business development process, with the goal of rapid and wide dissemination of ASU discoveries and inventions into the marketplace.
Commercialization resources at Fulton and ASU
ASU Startup School – a free online course on creating a startup
ASU Venture Devils – aims to catalyze the entrepreneurial success of founders by connecting them with Venture Mentors who provide regular, ongoing support. This dedicated mentorship is designed to challenge, monitor, and advance the venture development process. Up to $100,000 in seed funding.
Fulton Entrepreneurial Professors Program – a competitive fellowship program sponsored by the Fulton Schools of Engineering and Skysong Innovations. It is designed to provide Engineering faculty at the cusp of technology commercialization with the time and resources to learn and live entrepreneurship, and, in so doing, to accelerate the success of their ventures and multiply the impact of their research.
Join us on Slack
Connect with new faculty in our Slack workspace! Email Jessica Weaver to receive an invite.